Saturday, December 1, 2007

Adsense and Blogging

Want to earn extra cash while blogging?

I suppose you have read and heard that line a countless times before. And there are so many schemes on the web that offer such these days. One of the most widely used though (If not the most widely used) is putting Google Adsense.

Google offers three ways in making money online.

  1. Adsense for Content
  2. Adsense for Search
  3. Referrals
Let me give a brief explanation for each.

1. Adsense for Content displays ads on your blog or website. Google adsense will automatically crawl the pages of your blog or website and will display ads that are relevant to the contents of a certain page of your site. You will earn money once your readers click on one or more of those ads.

2. Adsense for Search allows you to provide Google web and site search to your visitors, and when people search from your site, ads will appear on the result page and you earn money when people click on those ads.

3.Referrals almost similar to Adsense for Content but Referrals allow you to specify group of products or specific products to advertise on your site.

How much will you earn? You will receive a portion of what the Google advertiser pays. Actual earning depends on several factors, including how many ads or many times ads are clicked from your site and how much an advertiser bids on your site.

How do I receive payments? Google offers several ways to payout the publishers (you). You can receive through Electronic Fund Transfer (fast payout) or through Check (up to three weeks delivery).

Tip: Google sends reports and suggestions on how to increase your site's performance. It's always good follow these suggestions.

Caution: Read Google's Terms and Conditions and strictly adhere to their program policies.

posted by request.

3 comments:

Stefan M. said...

nice post... hope my adsense application won't take long... still waiting for their approval...

lets see what happens if I click one of your ads... hehehe

hope this ads 1$ to your account... hehehe

TekBytes said...

Thanks. hehe. I hope it does. There's just so many factors involve that I can't tell how much a click would add to my account. But one that would surely boost the income is to have more readers.

So far this blog is doing good. Compared to our cafe's inactive website. hehehe. But once I finish revising the web, I'll integrate this blog to that site.

Good luck to your application.

Stefan M. said...

at last! adsense approved! it took almost 1 week. just noticed that google domains like blogspot have a very approve response unlike external servers like mine... hehehe

About TekBytes

1st of All I'm not a Computer /IT guru. I just wanted to share the little things I know about the current technologies and to bridge the gap between the real techies and the non-techies. This blog is mainly for those who wants to make the best use of the hi-tech gadgets in their hands but are not technically inclined. You may send questions about IT too, and I'll try to answer them the best as I could and if I can't and if it's worth it, I'll post your queries here in hoping we could find someone who can answer. No spamming pls.